SERVING the EAST BAY / ALAMEDA COUNTY: Castro Valley, San Leandro, Hayward, Oakland, Alameda, CA
Complete the form below or call today to get started and schedule your next massage therapy session!
Acupressure Massage Therapy Services
A soothing massage done with loose-fitting clothes. There is finger-point work done on meridians to soothe tired muscles and gently influence the energies of the body to flow. This massage also includes nurturing stretches to aid in your body’s relaxation.
Ready to book a session?
Give me a call today!
What is an acupressure massage?
Acupressure massage is a form of therapy that involves applying point work to specific areas to stimulate the body’s natural healing abilities. This therapy is based on the same principles as acupuncture, but instead of needles, acupressure massage uses fingers, hands, elbows, and sometimes even feet to apply pressure to these points. The pressure applied can help to relieve tension and pain, improve circulation, and promote overall wellness.
What are some benefits of acupressure massages?
One of the most significant benefits of acupressure massage is its ability to address specific areas of pain and tension. Whether you’re dealing with back pain, headaches, or muscle soreness, your therapist can work with you to target the areas that need the most attention.
In addition to pain relief, acupressure massage can promote relaxation, reduce stress and anxiety, and improve overall sleep quality. It can also help boost your immune system and improve your overall well-being.
What should you expect during an acupressure massage?
If you’re considering an acupressure massage, you may wonder what to expect during your session. Your therapist will likely begin by asking you about any areas of pain or tension you’re experiencing and any medical conditions you may have. They may also ask about your overall health and wellness goals.
Once your therapist has a good understanding of your needs, they will use a variety of techniques to address specific points on your body.
How do you prepare for an acupressure massage?
To prepare for your acupressure massage, it’s a good idea to wear loose, comfortable clothing that allows easy movement. You should also avoid eating a heavy meal or drinking alcohol before your session.
What techniques are used in acupressure massages?
Acupressure massage therapists use various techniques to apply pressure to specific points on the body. These techniques can range from gentle pressure to more intense kneading, depending on the needs and preferences of the client. Here are some common techniques used in acupressure massage:
- Finger pressure: This is the most common technique used in acupressure massage. The therapist uses their fingers to apply pressure to specific points on the body, predominately the thumbs.
- Palm pressure: This technique involves applying the palm to larger body areas, such as the back or legs.
- Elbow pressure: In some cases, the therapist may use their elbow to apply pressure to specific points on the body, that need more direct pressure.
- Foot pressure: In some forms of acupressure massage, the therapist may use their feet to apply pressure to specific points on the body. This is called Ashiatsu massage.
- Stretching: Some acupressure massage therapists may also use stretching techniques to help relieve tension in the muscles and improve overall flexibility.
If you’re looking for an acupressure massage therapist in the East Bay Area, look no further than Geri León. Geri is a board-certified massage therapist who specializes in acupressure massage and all these handy techniques in her tool box. If you’re in Castro Valley, Hayward, San Leandro, Dublin, or Pleasanton, contact Geri today to schedule your appointment and experience the benefits of acupressure massage for yourself!