SERVING the EAST BAY / ALAMEDA COUNTY: Castro Valley, San Leandro, Hayward, Oakland, Alameda, CA
Complete the form below or call today to get started and schedule your next massage therapy session!
Hand/Foot Massage Therapy Services
Our hands and feet are connected to many parts of the body, and a massage focused on these areas has physical, mental and overall health benefits. By targeting a client’s specific needs, a massage professional can use pressure points, encourage circulation through the entire body and promote relaxation through hand and/or foot massage.
Ready to book a session?
Give me a call today!
What is a hand / foot massage?
A hand or foot massage is a form of massage therapy focusing specifically on the hands and feet. During a hand or foot massage, the therapist will use various massage techniques to apply pressure, stretch, and stimulate.
What are some benefits of hand / foot massages?
- Relaxation: Hand and foot massages can help to reduce stress and promote relaxation. The gentle pressure applied during the massage can help calm the mind and body, reducing anxiety and tension.
- Pain relief: Hand and foot massages can help to relieve pain and discomfort in the hands and feet, as well as other areas of the body that are connected to these extremities
- Improved range of motion: By stretching and manipulating the muscles and joints in the hands and feet, hand and foot massages can help to improve their range of motion and flexibility.
- Enhanced sleep quality: Regular hand and foot massages can promote better sleep quality by helping to relax the body and mind, reducing feelings of restlessness, and promoting deeper and more restful sleep.
What should you expect during a hand / foot massage?
- Preparation: The massage therapist will ask you to sit comfortably in a chair or lie on a massage table. They may also ask you to remove your shoes and socks or roll up your sleeves.
- Cleansing: The therapist may cleanse your hands or feet with warm water, soap, or a warm towel.
- Application of massage oil or lotion: The therapist may apply massage oil or lotion to your hands or feet to help the hands or feet glide smoothly over your skin.
- Massage techniques: The therapist will use various massage techniques, such as kneading, pressing, stretching, and tapping, to massage the muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues in your hands or feet.
- Pressure adjustment: You can communicate with the therapist to let them know if you prefer a lighter or deeper pressure.
- Relaxation: You’ll feel more relaxed and comfortable as you receive the massage.
- End of massage: The therapist will signal the end of the massage and give you time to return to your senses slowly.
- Post-care: After the massage, the therapist may offer advice on how to continue caring for your hands or feet to maintain the benefits of the massage.
How do you prepare for a hand / foot massage?
To prepare for a hand or foot massage, you should ensure that your hands or feet are clean and free of any cuts or bruises. You should also wear loose, comfortable clothing that allows easy access to your hands and feet and avoid eating a heavy meal or consuming alcohol before the massage. Additionally, you should communicate any preferences or concerns with your massage therapist before the session begins.
What techniques are used in hand / foot massages?
A hand or foot massage may use various techniques, depending on the therapist’s training and the client’s needs. Some common massage techniques used in hand and foot massages include effleurage (long, flowing strokes), petrissage (kneading and compression), friction (deep, circular movements), stretching, and reflexology (applying pressure to specific points on the hands and feet that correspond to other parts of the body). These techniques improve circulation, reduce muscle tension and soreness, and promote relaxation and well-being.
Contact Geri Leon, a board-certified Massage Therapist, if you are in the greater East Bay Area, including Castro Valley, Hayward, San Leandro, Dublin, and Pleasanton.